Sunday, August 7, 2011

July Digest

Okay, okay, I know I have been neglecting my blog. To be honest, it has mostly been out laziness, which I guess I could chalk up to writer's block. However, I plan on coming back strong with Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Change Up. No, really I do. Anyway, here's everything between those films and Transformers!


Horrible Bosses- a funny but predictable comedy that pits disgruntled employees against their bosses, Grade B+

Friends with Benefits-Funny and very realistic look at relationships that is played out very well by its leads, Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. I also liked the idea of a romantic comedy poking fun at other romantic comedies! Grade A

Captain America-The First Avenger-One of the best stories yet leading up to next year's blockbuster Avengers film (hint: stick around after the credits.) However, a bit slow for a comic book movie. Grade A-

Crazy Stupid Love-What is it with me a chic flicks lately? I must be settling down in my old age. Anyway, this was like the aforementioned, FWB, a great mix of comedy and drama that demonstrates realistically how "crazy and stupid" we are over finding true love. Grade A

Cowboys and Aliens- a "Sci-fi Western" that is a text book example of a summer movie that blends both of those genres very well together. Really enjoyed Harrison Ford's anti-hero character and the epic annihilation and battles, even though the film had somewhat of a lag. Grade B

No comments:

Post a Comment