Sunday, April 10, 2011

Your Highness

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1240982/

The makers of Pinapple Express are back with a new comedy for the adolescent stoner market, which is a strong one for many movie theater franchises. This film however strays away from the modern marijuana escapades and instead takes us back in time to the medieval days of knights and dragons. Initially, I was not attracted to this film until I seen that Zooey Deschanel had a part in it. She plays the beautiful maiden Belladonna, the love interest of Fabious (James Franco) who gets kidnapped. His brother, Thadeous (Danny McBride) joins him on a quest to rescue her giving the movie somewhat of a plot, although lackluster and cliched. Now, don't get me wrong. I realize that this was intended to be a "stupid" comedy and not something that was supposed to be intellectually stimulating. I did enjoy the medieval scenery and had a few laughs but never fell out of my chair. So, if you are looking to give your braincells a 90 minute rest, head over to your local theater and see this one. But only if you have some extra cash and a bong.
Grade C

No comments:

Post a Comment