Saturday, April 2, 2011

Insidious

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591095/

There is something I learned about spending a lot of my free time at movie theaters. The spontaneous choices are sometimes the best ones. Yesterday, I originally intended for my double feature to be Source Code (which I seen and blogged) and Sucker Punch. However, there was an hour in half wait between those two films. Hence, I changed my mind and decided to see Insidious instead. I seen the previews and had some mixed reactions. I thought it could go either way. To say that I was pleasantly surprised would be an extreme understatement. Bottom line, I am going to boldly state that this was the best horror film of the past decade. It managed to be absolutely terrifying without a single drop of blood and only a PG-13 rating.

The film tells a dark story about the Lambert family, who think they are living in a haunted house. They later find out that the source of their terror is far worse. A demonic figure is actually haunting their comatose child! Having read several books on the occult as well as Reptilian Shape shifters helped give me a great insight to this film's subject matter. Director James Wan was also very instrumental in bringing a frightening tone to the misery of the characters through nightmarish sequences that successfully hooks its audience and makes them feel the anxiety of the events. Grade, Solid A.

No comments:

Post a Comment